Prepare to get your tan on!!!
About Sunless Tanning
When you get an sunless tan, you will leave feeling instantly tan - this is the ‘cosmetic bronzers’ in the tanning solution. the cosmetic bronzers have nothing to do with the end result, it’s there so we can see what we are doing. The product that reacts with your skin to change it’s color is invisible on application. This is absorbed into the epidermis (top layer of your skin) and the cosmetic bronzers sit on top of your skin like make up- this is why after a tan you feel a little sticky. We do have drying powder to make you feel instantly dry.
Most tans will take 8 to 24 hours to fully develop, (This does NOT mean wait 24 hours to shower! We STRONLY SUGGEST you shower within 12 hours) it is very normal to see most of your color at 10 hours but the color may deepen slightly for up to 24 hours.
Traditionally you were not able to wash the bronzer off for a minimum of 8 hours. Now you have the option for getting a rapid tan. This means you can now wash the bronzer off in as little as an hour, depending how dark you would like to go. Don't be alarmed when you rinse your tan and it appears to completely disappear. The tan will continue to get darker over the next 24hours. Just ask your tech at about their rapid colors.
Before Your Tan
- Thoroughly exfoliate 24 hours before your tan.
- Any hair removal is to be done 24 hours prior. please do not shave just before your tan. Shaving can encourage your skin to produce natural oils which could affect the tan, your pores also need time to close so that you do not get 'strawberry skin' Waxing should be done at least 48hours before your appointment.
- Use a body wash that is not highly perfumed.
- Before your appointment do not apply any lotions, oils, or deodorants. lotion can act as a barrier and deodorant can turn green.
After Your Tan
- Wear or bring dark, loose-fitting clothing to change into at the end of your tan. Tanning solutions wash out of most clothes very easily but may stain some materials.
- If it is raining, make sure you are covered up. also, please do not expose your skin to any water (i.e. brushing your teeth, washing your hands, coloring your hair, watering plants) if water or any other liquid gets on your skin, it will wash off that area of your tan, while the rest of your tan continues to develop. this will result in lines, splotches, streaking, etc..
- Use an SLS free body wash and avoid anything which may exfoliate your skin such as long, hot baths, exposure to chlorinated water, or exfoliating gloves or sponges.
- Wait a minimum of 8 hours before you moisturize and moisturize the morning and night for the life of your tan.
- The average tan lasts 5 to 7 days depending on your skin and at home maintenance, a good skin care routine is essential when taking care of your spray tan.
- Alongside continual moisturizing we strongly recommend a tan extender. tan extenders keep your tan looking vibrant and can extend the life of your tan to 14 days.
- Do not exercise until 8-12 hours after your tan.
- If you rinse and notice streaking down your legs, this is because the legs typically get run off from the shower which is not enough pressure to wash off the cosmetic bronzers. Take your hand and rub in circles to get the cosmetic bronzers off.