Are you struggling to stay motivated? Here are some effective strategies that can help:
Sunless tanning has become a billion-dollar industry that is growing rapidly, and more and more people are turning to it as a safer alternative to tanning beds or sunbathing. If you're interested in starting a sunless tanning business, you're not alone! It can be overwhelming to know where to start, but with the right guidance, you can succeed in this exciting field. As veterans in the industry, we've put together a list of the top 10 things you need to do to start your sunless tanning business:
1. Carbon Mask this will help keep you safe from inhaling large volumes of solution. This is a MUST on my list ! Safety first ladies and gents.
2. Salon towels are so handy to have in your spray tan bag. You can use these for a step mat, clean up spills, wiping down your tent the options are endless !
3. Rolling Cooler- it makes the perfect spray tan bag ! You can attach your gun to the top and put all your goodies inside! The one I have linked below has plenty of pockets and compartments for all your needs.
4. Black tote- I just love a black tote especially one you can wipe out when its dirty.
5. Washable fan filter - use a box fan and a washable fan filter for a cost effective extraction fan! The spray tan fans are very similar except the filter on a traditional spray tan fan isn't washable ! This is almost half the cost and no ongoing expense.
6. Airbrush Makeup Gun- airbrush makeup guns are great for contouring ! You could even add airbrush makeup to your list of services! I love this gun because it is very affordable and small enough that it fits right in your bag not adding to much weight ! If your mobile you know how important this is! ** This is a great starter I would suggest if you end up doing a large volume of contouring to getting one with a larger compressor.**
7. Blending/ Powder brush- these are great to have to apply drying powder and to blend areas. You can blend the neck line area or at the wrist ! Having one of these handy can be a lifesaver. **Make sure to clean brush between uses**
8. Bath Mat- want to look super professional? Get yourself a black bath mat and put it in front of your tent when doing mobile appointments ! I love the size of the one I have below because it will easily fit in your bag and can be thrown in the wash! **Don't dry in the dryer**
9. Portable lights can provide some extra lighting when you are spraying in a area with poor lighting. I'm primarily mobile so getting the perfect lighting can be hard! My solution is a book light that can clamp onto my tent!
10. Reusable gloves..say what?? Yep ! Make sure you are cleaning them between clients but these reusable gloves will save so much $$$$.
Here at Quick Tan Sunless we want to create a place where new sunless artist can come and learn how to get started in this rapidly growing industry. We also want to create a place where professionals can network and have a sense of community.