Spray tans are a convenient way to achieve a natural-looking, sun-kissed glow without exposing your skin to harmful UV rays. However, like any beauty treatment, spray tans require proper care and maintenance to ensure they look their best. One of the biggest challenges of spray tans is their removal, especially when the color starts to fade or you want to remove it completely. In this blog post, we'll share some effective tips and techniques for removing spray tan, including the use of baby oil, exfoliating mitt, and dry towel exfoliation.
Tip 1: Use Baby Oil One of the easiest and most effective ways to remove spray tan is by using baby oil. Baby oil is gentle on the skin and helps to loosen the top layer of dead skin to help it sloth off. Simply apply a generous amount of baby oil to your skin, focusing on the areas with the most spray tan. Let the oil sit on your skin for about 10-15 minutes to allow it to penetrate the layers of the skin. Then, rinse off the oil using warm water and a gentle soap. Followed by exfoliation (see breakdown in tip two) You should notice a significant difference in the color of your skin after this step.
Tip 2: Exfoliate with an Exfoliating Mitt Exfoliating your skin with an exfoliating mitt is another effective way to remove spray tan. The mitt helps to remove dead skin cells and the top layer of the spray tan, revealing the fresh, natural skin underneath. Before using the mitt, wet your skin with warm water to soften it.
Tip 3: Dry exfoliation with a towel immediately after showering can help to remove any remaining dead skin cells. Be sure to repeat this step until the old tan is completely removed. However, it's important to be gentle with your skin during the process. Over-exfoliating or using harsh techniques can cause tears and damage to the skin. To avoid this, take a few days to repeat the above steps and ensure that you're not scrubbing too hard. Additionally, moisturizing your skin after each exfoliation session can help to keep it hydrated and prevent any further damage.
Boosting Your Business with Spray Tan Parties: Saving Time, Money, and Making Lasting Connections
Parties are a great way to take your spray tan business to the next level. Not only do they benefit you as the host, but they also provide convenience for your clients. Instead of driving all over town to multiple locations for spray tans, clients can come to one location and enjoy the perfect girls' night in with their friends. Plus, the added benefit of discounts for party guests makes it beneficial for all parties involved.
From a business perspective, parties can be very profitable. For example, if you charge $45 per tan and have a party size of 10 people, it will take you around 2 hours to spray everyone, with an additional hour of drive time. With a total cash out of $405 (remember the host gets a free tan), that's a total of $135 an hour, even after accounting for gas expenses.
If you were to do these 10 tans separately, it would take 10 hours of work with additional gas expenses, averaging only $55 per hour. Parties allow you to save time and money while increasing productivity, making it easier to reach big money goals.
Aside from the financial benefits, spray tan parties are also fun for clients. They get to spray tan with their friends, which helps to alleviate any first-time spray tan jitters. Additionally, you can use the party to market your services to your guests, sharing information on how they can host their own parties and receive a free tan. This creates a compounding effect, allowing you to grow your business and expand your client base.
To set up your first party, start by discussing it with your current clients and make sure to mention parties on all of your marketing platforms, including your website, social media, and booking sites. During the party, hand out flyers with aftercare instructions and information about host rewards, along with your business card. While it's important to provide flyers and printouts, make sure to verbally engage with your guests about the benefits of hosting their own party.
In conclusion, spray tan parties have the potential to take your business to the next level. They save you time and money, increase productivity, and create lasting friendships and clients. By utilizing effective marketing strategies and providing an enjoyable experience for your guests, you can successfully grow your business and achieve your financial goals.
Are you struggling to stay motivated? Here are some effective strategies that can help:
Sunless tanning has become a billion-dollar industry that is growing rapidly, and more and more people are turning to it as a safer alternative to tanning beds or sunbathing. If you're interested in starting a sunless tanning business, you're not alone! It can be overwhelming to know where to start, but with the right guidance, you can succeed in this exciting field. As veterans in the industry, we've put together a list of the top 10 things you need to do to start your sunless tanning business:
1. Carbon Mask this will help keep you safe from inhaling large volumes of solution. This is a MUST on my list ! Safety first ladies and gents.
2. Salon towels are so handy to have in your spray tan bag. You can use these for a step mat, clean up spills, wiping down your tent the options are endless !
3. Rolling Cooler- it makes the perfect spray tan bag ! You can attach your gun to the top and put all your goodies inside! The one I have linked below has plenty of pockets and compartments for all your needs.
4. Black tote- I just love a black tote especially one you can wipe out when its dirty.
5. Washable fan filter - use a box fan and a washable fan filter for a cost effective extraction fan! The spray tan fans are very similar except the filter on a traditional spray tan fan isn't washable ! This is almost half the cost and no ongoing expense.
6. Airbrush Makeup Gun- airbrush makeup guns are great for contouring ! You could even add airbrush makeup to your list of services! I love this gun because it is very affordable and small enough that it fits right in your bag not adding to much weight ! If your mobile you know how important this is! ** This is a great starter I would suggest if you end up doing a large volume of contouring to getting one with a larger compressor.**
7. Blending/ Powder brush- these are great to have to apply drying powder and to blend areas. You can blend the neck line area or at the wrist ! Having one of these handy can be a lifesaver. **Make sure to clean brush between uses**
8. Bath Mat- want to look super professional? Get yourself a black bath mat and put it in front of your tent when doing mobile appointments ! I love the size of the one I have below because it will easily fit in your bag and can be thrown in the wash! **Don't dry in the dryer**
9. Portable lights can provide some extra lighting when you are spraying in a area with poor lighting. I'm primarily mobile so getting the perfect lighting can be hard! My solution is a book light that can clamp onto my tent!
10. Reusable gloves..say what?? Yep ! Make sure you are cleaning them between clients but these reusable gloves will save so much $$$$.
Here at Quick Tan Sunless we want to create a place where new sunless artist can come and learn how to get started in this rapidly growing industry. We also want to create a place where professionals can network and have a sense of community.