Promoting spray tan parties as a way to take your business to the next level.
Let's talk about why parties are great for you and the host! You will get the convenience of going to one location and doing several sprays all at once avoiding driving all over town to several locations and triple the work time, thus increasing productivity. The client will be able to save money all while having the perfect girls night in, her friends will also get a discount making parties beneficial to all parties involved!
Now your likely thinking how does this help me take my business to the next level? Well, let's say your average party size is 10 people at $45 a tan and it will take you 2 hours to spray everyone with drive time up to an hour, so total time invested 3 hours and a cash out of $405 bucks (remember host is free). That's a grand total of $135 an hour! Now, let's take out gas and round it down to $130 an hour! Pretty nice huh, well imagine you had to do those 10 tans separately at 30 minutes commute and 30 minutes spray time averaging 1 hour per client. Well, that would be 10 hours of work at full price per tan $55, that's only $55 an hour and over triple the amount of time! That is not including the added gas for driving all 10 places! This can help you crush big money goals! For example, if you want to make 4k, then have a goal of doing 10 parties...which mentally seems way easier than 100 tans! Aside from the obvious, it saves you time and money to do groups. It is fun for your clients, they get to spray with their girlfriends taking away those first time spray jitters. But, it gets better! While you are at these parties you are able to share with the guest on how they can host their own parties and receive a free tan! That party then gets you another and another and so on creating a compounding effect.
Now that you know why and how parties are super beneficial to boosting your business let's talk about how to get that first booking and how to market to the guest when you are there.
How to set up that first party? Well, to start off, discuss this with your current clients and let them know you do parties and how they can get theirs free. Afterwards, make sure your website, social media, booking sites all mention parties, as well as the host rewards. Now, let's move on to marketing to the guests at the party! I like to have a flyer with printed aftercare instructions along with my business card for every party, make sure every guest gets one along with a party flyer . To save money this could be simple as one you make a print out, to as fancy as professional ones. Even if you have flyers, printouts, digital text, make sure you still verbally tell them about parties and how they can host their own. This allows them to ask questions and engage in conversation that will make a more memorable experience. Sometimes, flyers end up left in a purse or thrown in the trash! You want to make sure you aren't jamming a sales pitch down their throat make it personal, short, sweet and to the point.
Spray tan parties have the ability to launch your business to next level, save time, money and create lasting friendships and clients!
Here are some things I do to stay motivated !
1. Write down your Ultimate Goal DAILY! Or have it listed somewhere you can see it!
2. Have obtainable weekly goals. I love using this planner.
3. Tell someone supportive of your goals and ask them to help you stay on track. That extra accountability can be the push you need.
4. Listen to a motivational podcast. I like to do this anytime I'm in the car alone.
5. Read , read , read , read ! Read books written by people who already have obtain goals you have written down. Knowledge is POWER. Here I've linked some of my favs.
6. Invest in yourself! Buy a self help program , join a gym, take a spin class do something for YOU that feeds your body and your mind !
7. Be careful what you say or think. What you say and think are the driving force in your life. No more "I'm tired", "I'm so sick", "I'm always late", "I can't", etc.
8. Make sure you find a good work / life balance. If you are working so much that you aren't enjoying life then whats the purpose?
Sunless tanning is a billion dollar industry and growing rapidly. More and more people are trying to stay out of tanning beds or the sun, and are turning to sunless tanning. You likely were like us when we started, and have no clue where to start! We started spraying back in 2011 and had to learn the ins and outs of the business on our own.
We started with less than 3 contacts and a goal of having 10 clients a month. Since then, we have grown our client list from 10 to thousands. We've also helped many other girls start their own businesses. Were going to break it down to the top 10 things you need to do to start your business!
1. Get certified there are many companies that offer certifications and it's worth every penny! Not all states require certification, but it will add to your credibility. Having knowledge is the most powerful thing you can have. Your clients will be impressed with your knowledge and you will save yourself a lot of trial and error. Invest in yourself and your business and get certified.
2. Check your state laws and with the cosmetology board to see what all is required. You will need a business license to operate any business. This can be obtained at your local clerks office or on local government website. (Note: beware of scams make sure your on official government site)
3. Buy equipment! I have tried many different products and have found that maximist guns are my favorite, but you can do research and pick the one you like best! Don't go for cheapest as HVLP guns are not all made the same. My favorite for beginners is the maxi-mist lite.
4. Practice your craft! When I started I put water in my gun and sprayed cardboard.
5. Set your prices! I've seen so many girls including myself start way to cheap because they aren't confident. Lowering my prices was one of the biggest mistakes I made when starting out. Once I started charging what I was worth people respected me more and my client list grew. Do some market research and pick prices that match your market. Cheaper isn't always better, likely the person looking for the cheapest isn't going to be a lasting client.
6. Set up some form of collecting money! I use cashapp, venmo , square, and coinbase (yes I even take bitcoin). Be able to take money in more ways than one!
7. Set up your business social media accounts. Get a good profile picture and edit your bio so your page is clear on what it is you offer. If you don't have pictures at first, it's okay because most solution companies that you purchase from allow you to use theirs as long as you tag them! This gives you free professional photos and real results of the solution your using.
8. Start networking! Go to local community events, business grand openings, doctors offices, nail salons, hair salons, and meet new people! Tell them what you do and network. You may be able to collaborate on an event, or they may have a client that would use your services and vice versa.
9. Make a main goal and define your "why." Then, set up small goals to help you get closer to your big goal. This could be as formal as a business plan or informal as something slapped down on a old letter out of your junk drawer.
10. Be patient. It will take time to grow your business. Stay focused and patient. You will continue to grow if you don't loose sight of your goals.
REMEMBER to have FUN! This business will allow you to meet amazing people and help them gain confidence! Enjoy it !
1. Carbon Mask this will help keep you safe from inhaling large volumes of solution. This is a MUST on my list ! Safety first ladies and gents.
2. Salon towels are so handy to have in your spray tan bag. You can use these for a step mat, clean up spills, wiping down your tent the options are endless !
3. Rolling Cooler- it makes the perfect spray tan bag ! You can attach your gun to the top and put all your goodies inside! The one I have linked below has plenty of pockets and compartments for all your needs.
4. Black tote- I just love a black tote especially one you can wipe out when its dirty.
5. Washable fan filter - use a box fan and a washable fan filter for a cost effective extraction fan! The spray tan fans are very similar except the filter on a traditional spray tan fan isn't washable ! This is almost half the cost and no ongoing expense.
6. Airbrush Makeup Gun- airbrush makeup guns are great for contouring ! You could even add airbrush makeup to your list of services! I love this gun because it is very affordable and small enough that it fits right in your bag not adding to much weight ! If your mobile you know how important this is! ** This is a great starter I would suggest if you end up doing a large volume of contouring to getting one with a larger compressor.**
7. Blending/ Powder brush- these are great to have to apply drying powder and to blend areas. You can blend the neck line area or at the wrist ! Having one of these handy can be a lifesaver. **Make sure to clean brush between uses**
8. Bath Mat- want to look super professional? Get yourself a black bath mat and put it in front of your tent when doing mobile appointments ! I love the size of the one I have below because it will easily fit in your bag and can be thrown in the wash! **Don't dry in the dryer**
9. Portable lights can provide some extra lighting when you are spraying in a area with poor lighting. I'm primarily mobile so getting the perfect lighting can be hard! My solution is a book light that can clamp onto my tent!
10. Reusable gloves..say what?? Yep ! Make sure you are cleaning them between clients but these reusable gloves will save so much $$$$.
Here at Quick Tan Sunless we want to create a place where new sunless artist can come and learn how to get started in this rapidly growing industry. We also want to create a place where professionals can network and have a sense of community.